Ten Reasons You Should Attend Portland Fashion Week
TEN Reasons Why Portland Fashion Week 2009 (Oct 7-11) will be The best PFW Ever!
- Two of the biggest Oregon designers Anna Cohen & Michelle Decourcy are launching brand new lines Imperial by Anna Cohen and La Vie from Portland Fashion Week.
- Jantzen, one of the most leading swimwear companies in the world launching its 100 year anniversary swimwear collection from PFW
- Audience-vote will select the best emerging designer of 2009. As you know, Leanne Marshall, the emerging designer from PFW 2006 went on to become winner of Project Runway.
- Two of Portland’s most successful designers, IDOM and Amai Unmei will launch their Spring/Summer 2010 Collections from PFW; this launch would be their third year, in a row, in PFW.
- Four of the biggest Pacific NW designers, from Seattle and Vancouver BC, launching their Spring/Summer 2010 collections, making PFW THE regional fashion week
- Five international designers, all the way from Pakistan, France, Sweden, Canada, New Zealand, are launching here, this enhances PFW’s role as an international fashion week
- PFW is presenting an attractive bicycle-wear fashion show, as part of Oregon Manifest bike festival.
- Leading eco-designers, from Chicago, New York, California and Pittsburg are launching from PFW.
- The high-production runway shows, which in 2007 got recognized as the “first sustainable production of a fashion week in the world”, will be taking place just a few miles from city center, in the Swan Island, otherwise known as Portland’s working harbor, at the amazingly industrial Vigor Industrial Shipyard, Portland’s most bike-riding work-campus.
- Last but not least, the swanky after parties in the Pearl and downtown will keep the excitement going till the wee hours at night.
All these make Portland Fashion Week not only the biggest fashion week in the US after NY and LA FW, but, make us being proud of being in Portland and Oregon.
Editor’s Note: The kind and generous folks at Portland Fashion Week have given us a pair of tickets for Thursday, October 8th to share with you. To enter to win, leave a comment on this post letting us know why you’re excited for Portland Fashion Week ’09. The contest will close Wednesday at Noon and we’ll choose a winner shortly after. Good luck!
Is any of the information on this page incorrect?
A Related Story
Looking for more stories like this? Here’s a suggestion…
Here at Travel Oregon, we feature a recipe each month from a local restaurant, using local ingredients. We hope you…